Sunday, February 20, 2011

Playing ONLINE - Multiplayer UPDATE v2.0

Well, we finally tried Game Ranger and I do have to say that I was pretty impressed.  The connection speed (ping) was pretty good and there was very little to no lag.  Also, starting up the game - the very first time, we had an issue... but from the second time on, there were no problems.  And with VFW28_Rhino in his first ever multiplayer experience, we were able to get together in the game much easier than with DBS Lobby.

When you first sign in to GameRanger - the games available screen will be FILLED with all the different games being played.  To simplify the list to Crimson Skies (or games that you currently have on your computer) just open the drop down list and change the listing to 'My Games'.

Now you can see the list of multiplayer games available that you have on your computer.  As you can see, there's only ONE Crimson Skies game being hosted by someone at this time.  If you want to join, but highlight that came and click on the join button on the top right.  If you want to host a game, just click on the HOST button.

Also a nice feature available is being able to change your screen name (nick name) without having to create an entirely new account.  Just click on your friends list and open 'User Profile' to change your Nick Name.  Oh, and another good thing is that GR (GameRanger) accepts the underscore '_' character for User Names.  This is a plus for those of us that play with Squadrons that have the underscore or other characters in the squad name (VFW28_) is ours.

As of now, it looks like we're going to be using GameRanger.Com for our Multiplayer need.  Go to http://gameranger.com to check it out!

UPDATE 05FEB18: GameRanger still supports Crimson Skies!

1 comment:

  1. Hey man it's amazing to see that you guys still have this active, my greatest childhood memories are with you guys, it's been awhile you might not remember me but my handle was VFW28_Fusion, I use to play with Forchrist,Tubby,Roaddogg,Stargate,Bluejay and so much more, I know my great friend Forchrist passed away the last time I was able to keep tabs, I hope the rest of the crew is doing great and in good health. Snappy S' from my heart to you guys

    ReplyDelete