Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Crimson Skies splash screens & menus in CFS2

Opening Splash Screen
I took a little break from creating paint skins (don't worry, I'm going to continue) and started to create some new Crimson Skies splash & menu screens for Combat Flight Simulator 2. 

Normally, if I want to fly WWII combat, I'll fly in IL2: 1946.  So there really isn't any need for me to keep any WWII aircraft in my CFS2.  I've decided to make a little project and turn my CFS2 into a Crimson Skies exclusive Combat Flight Simulator.  With that, I'll have to change all the splash screens and menus to reflect Crimson Skies aircraft ONLY.  I kinda got the idea from the Dog Patch Crew who created "Korean Skies" for CFS3.  They made a mod for CFS3 that includes all the aircraft from the Korean War (aka. Mig Alley).

I know this is a big undertaking... but really; what's the option?  Wait for a new Crimson Skies to come out?  I'll give this a try and see how it comes out.  And YES - when it's complete, it'll be available for download FOR FREE.

Here's a couple of menu screens I've made so far.  I've got a long way to go - but these are the ones used the most.  If you have any suggestions or questions - let me know.

Main Menu Screen / aka. Start Screen

Quick Combat Screen

1 comment: